The Refugee-Canyon Joint Fire District operates from 1 station near the center of town. Originally constructed in the 1950’s, the firehouse has seen multiple renovations as the department has grown and transitioned from an all-volunteer organization to a fully paid department. The most recent renovation was completed in 2013 with the an expansion to the north end of the station to provide an adequate living quarters for our personnel and an additional two apparatus bays. The original portion of the station was renovated to accommodate the department’s administrative needs and a training room. The building was also fully sprinklered to protect the community’s investment.