Creation of a Fire Department
The Hebron Fire Department was established in 1926 (unknown date) after the Village Council approved the purchase of its first fire engine. The engine was first housed in a barn just a few blocks from where the station sits now, which still stands today. The fire department was able to reclaim their original 1926 Boyer chemical fire engine in 2002 when the Teheran Grotto graciously donated the engine back to the department. The engine can occasionally still be seen today in parades.
Later in the years, the home of the Hebron Fire Department was moved from Newark St. to the Village’s Municipal Building on W. Main St. This is the only picture the department has of the station being located at the old municipal building. Was it relocated, because it was prone to flooding?