Mr. Randy Weekly, Vice Chairperson
Mr. Richard Moore, Member
Mr. Jeff Sharps, Member
Mr. Randy Wolf, Member
Dr. Tony Forshey, Chairperson
Mr. Clifford L. Mason, Fire Chief
Ms. Amanda N. Perkowski, Fiscal Officer
Present from the Public: The meeting was made public via live stream on RCFD’s YouTube channel and in-person. There were ten (10) views. Also, in attendance was Ethan Walker.
Location: Refugee-Canyon Fire District, 111 Basin Street, Hebron, OH
Meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Vice Chairperson Weekly who led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Appointments and Oaths:
Mr. Moore moved to appoint Ethan Walker (FF/EMT) to a part-time position effective 04 September 2021. Mr. Sharps seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0. Mr. Weekly administered the oath of office and welcomed Mr. Walker to RCFD.
Comments from live-stream listeners were directed to be sent by email to email@example.com.
None were received by email or in-person.
Clerk/Fiscal Officer’s Report:
- Written report was submitted. Items included were: thank you letter for donation, webpage for Union Township’s levy, budget scenarios to be presented at next regular meeting, revenue from Union Township, and public records request from Ohio Auditor of State Special Investigations Unit.
- The minutes from the previous meetings held 7/22/2021, 7/27/2021, 8/2/2021, and 8/9/2021 were reviewed. Mr. Sharps moved to approve the minutes as submitted, and Mr. Wolf seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- The July 2021 bank reconciliation was reviewed. Mr. Moore moved to approve the reconciliation as submitted, and Mr. Wolf seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- The July 2021 bill listing was reviewed. Mr. Moore moved to approve the bills as paid, and Mr. Sharps seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- July 2021 fire/EMS activity report was submitted.
- Fire hose test report was submitted. Four sections did not pass and will be addressed soon.
- Informed the board of a donation from BLASST.
- The board was given an update on mechanical issues with the fire trucks.
- Chief Mason requested a second extension to the probation period for FF/EMT-P Ethan Jolliff through 29 November 2021. Mr. Moore moved to approve the request as stated. Mr. Wolf seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- Regarding the proposed lease agreement with Union Township, the final outstanding item remains to be the documentation for the mowing expenses that Union Township would like reimbursed. We are waiting for a response from Ms. Carnes.
- Mr. Comstock submitted a notice of voluntary dismissal to the Licking County Common Pleas Court, which concludes the matter with the 9-1-1 dispatch fees.
- Mr. Wolf asked Mr. Weekly for an update on the flooring at Station 352. Chief Mason shared that he has received three quotes with the understanding Union Township will pay for the project.
- Mr. Moore shared the Village of Hebron has scheduled a public meeting to discuss a Joint Economic Development District (JEDD). The village has also applied for funds for a new sewer line.
- Mr. Sharps asked to clarify the board’s meeting schedule for the remainder of the year. It was confirmed that the board will meet every second and fourth Thursday of each month.
- The next regular meeting will be Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 7:00 P.M.
Mr. Wolf moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:29 P.M., and Mr. Moore seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.