Dr. Tony Forshey, Chairperson
Mr. Charles Prince, Vice Chairperson
Mr. Richard Moore, Member
Mr. Randy Weekly, Member
Mr. Randy Wolf, Member
Mr. Clifford Mason, Fire Chief
Ms. Amanda Perkowski, Fiscal Officer
Present from the Public:
Present from the Public: The meeting was made public via live stream on RCFD’s Facebook page. There were two-hundred ten (210) live viewers.
Location: Refugee-Canyon Fire District, 111 Basin Street, Hebron, OH
Meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Chairperson Forshey who led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Mr. Prince moved to appoint Jason Arata, FF/EMT, to a part-time position effective 03 October 2020. Mr. Wolf seconded the motion. All members present voted in favor. Chairperson Forshey administered the oath of office and welcomed Mr. Arata to RCFD.
Comments from live-stream listeners were directed to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. None were received.
The minutes from the previous regular meeting are not currently available and will be transcribed and available at a later date.
Clerk/Fiscal Officer’s Report:
None. Fiscal Officer was excused.
Chief Mason referred to Resolution #14-2020 (Rescue Billing) listed under new business and asked the board to review it and take action at the next regular meeting.
The following items were shared with the board:
- Chief Mason participated in public service announcements, relating to fire prevention, for fall/winter activity with other area fire chiefs in Columbus to be aired in October.
- RCFD has been accepted for free Alternative Fueled Vehicle Training that will be conducted in December through Cleveland State University.
- The annual audit (review of policies, staffing, equipment, EMS protocol/oversight, etc.) from VFIS was completed last week. VFIS will provide a written summary.
- Recently had a large loss barn fire. Recognized and thanked neighboring departments for their support.
- Licking Memorial Health Systems is offering free flu vaccination to our first responders.
- In response to a request from Pigeon Roost Farms, RCFD will have a medic and/or engine at Pigeon Roost every Saturday and Sunday through the end of October.
- Received a check from GovDeals for sale of surplus items.
- Run activity report for August 2020 was provided. There were 135 total runs (34 fire and 101 EMS).
Update on Station 352: Mr. Prince informed the board that the public room and hallway has been painted. Chief Mason has secured paint for the interior doors. The contractor for the apparatus building has had some delays due to weather and other issues. Erection of the building is expected to begin Monday and may take up to a week to complete.
Resolution #14-2020 (Rescue Billing) will be held for the next regular meeting.
Mr. Moore shared the village is working on publicizing a campaign on water bills. The new Village Administrator started last week. He asked when RCFD expects to receive the second half of levy funds from Union Township, to which Mr. Prince said the check was signed Monday.
Mr. Prince highlighted the satellite station’s reduced response times, specifically mentioning a traumatic injury dispatched yesterday to Blacks Road.
The next regular meeting will be October 8, 2020 at 7:00 PM at the RCFD station.
Mr. Weekly moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:25 PM, and Mr. Moore seconded the motion. Motion carried 5-0.