Mr. Randy Weekly, Vice Chairperson
Mr. Richard Moore, Member
Mr. Jeff Sharps, Member
Mr. Randy Wolf, Member
Dr. Tony Forshey, Chairperson
Ms. Amanda N. Perkowski, Fiscal Officer
Mr. Clifford L. Mason, Fire Chief
Present from the Public: The meeting was made public via live stream on RCFD’s YouTube channel. There were fourteen (14) views. Attendees in-person were Logan Glosser and family.
Location: Refugee-Canyon Fire District, 111 Basin Street, Hebron, OH
Meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Vice Chairperson Weekly who led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Appointments and Oaths:
Mr. Moore moved to appoint Logan Glosser (FF/EMT) to a part-time position effective 07 August 2021 contingent upon successful CVSA results. Mr. Wolf seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0. Mr. Weekly administered the oath of office and welcomed Mr. Glosser to RCFD.
Comments from live-stream listeners were directed to be sent by email to email@example.com.
None were received by email or in-person.
Clerk/Fiscal Officer’s Report:
- The minutes from the previous regular meeting held June 24, 2021 were reviewed. Mr. Wolf moved to approve the minutes as submitted, and Mr. Sharps seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- The June 2021 bank reconciliation. Mr. Moore moved to approve the reconciliation as submitted, and Mr. Wolf seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- The June 2021 bill listing was reviewed. Mr. Moore moved to approve the bills as paid, and Mr. Weekly seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- In Chief Mason’s absence, Ms. Perkowski presented the Chief’s written report.
- There was a discussion on fire/EMS reporting software. Changes by the Licking County Regional Communications Center are requiring upgrades to our current software, Emergency Reporting. Instead of making the upgrades, Chief Mason recommended transitioning to a different software, ImageTrend. This product is used by several local departments and comes recommended by our medical director. Mr. Wolf moved to approve the purchase of ImageTrend. Mr. Moore seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- The board was informed that Chief Mason intends to apply for a Firehouse Subs grant for rescue equipment.
- RCFD received a $500 donation from a resident. Mr. Weekly requested that a thank you letter be sent.
- Regarding the proposed lease agreement with Union Township, the final outstanding item is the documentation for the mowing expenses that Union Township would like reimbursed. Communication is being handled by legal counsel for each entity. Documentation for expenses paid by Mr. Prince has been resolved.
- Mr. Comstock represented RCFD at the pre-trial conference on July 14. The Licking County Commissioners agreed to not charge the dispatch fees for 2021 and the 9-1-1 Technical Committee would continue discuss amending the 9-1-1 county-wide plan. We agreed to dismiss the case without prejudice, meaning we can re-file on the same grounds.
- Perkowski presented Resolution #14-2021 for an intra-fund transfer of appropriations. Mr. Moore moved to approve the resolution, and Mr. Wolf seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- The board was informed H.B. 197 and H.B. 404 have expired. These bills were in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and impacted the Open Meetings Act requirements. The board decided no change was necessary and would continue to broadcast meetings via YouTube, in addition to keeping meetings open to the public.
- Mr. Moore informed the board that Hebron is extending the waterline west to National Trail Raceway, and the project should start early this fall.
- Weekly mentioned Union Township and Hebron are working together on a Joint Economic Development District (JEDD). He also shared that the ground at Station 352 has been seeded and mowed. Also, Mr. Weekly confirmed Union Township is placing the 1.8 mill replacement levy on the ballot.
- Mr. Sharps requested budget scenarios be prepared for the possible impacts of the levy.
- There was further discussion on how to prepare for the levy. Educational information will be added to the district’s website.
- A special meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 1:00 P.M.
- The next regular meeting will be Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 7:00 P.M.
Mr. Moore moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:46 P.M., and Mr. Wolf seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.