Mr. Randy Weekly, Vice Chairperson
Mr. Richard Moore, Member
Mr. Jeff Sharps, Member
Mr. Randy Wolf, Member
Dr. Tony Forshey, Chairperson
Mr. Clifford L. Mason, Fire Chief
Ms. Amanda N. Perkowski, Fiscal Officer
Present from the Public: The meeting was made public via live stream on RCFD’s YouTube channel and in-person. There were twenty-one (21) views. No one attended in-person.
Location: Refugee-Canyon Fire District, 111 Basin Street, Hebron, OH
Meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM by Vice Chairperson Weekly who led the Pledge of Allegiance.
A moment of silence was observed to remember the victims of the 9/11 attacks.
Comments from live-stream listeners were directed to be sent by email to email@example.com.
None were received by email or in-person.
Clerk/Fiscal Officer’s Report:
- The minutes from the previous regular meeting held 8/26/2021 were reviewed. Mr. Moore moved to approve the minutes as submitted, and Mr. Wolf seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- The August 2021 bank reconciliation was reviewed. Mr. Moore moved to approve the reconciliation as submitted, and Mr. Weekly seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- The August 2021 bill listing was reviewed. Mr. Weekly moved to approve the bills as paid, and Mr. Wolf seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- Dr. and Mrs. Forshey made a generous donation to the fire district.
- Chief Mason provided an update on the trucks:
- E351 – the brakes were tested and a report was provided to Spartan; truck is back in service
- E352 – back in service at Station 352
- Medic is still out of service being inspected; mechanics have not yet been able to replicate the malfunction
- Regarding the proposed lease agreement with Union Township, Mr. Welch had not gotten a response from Ms. Carnes (Union Township legal representative) about proposed language for septic system maintenance. In response to previous comments by the board to address expenses paid by Union Township Trustee, Mr. Prince, a listing of expenses with support documentation was provided to the board for consideration. After discussion, Mr. Wolf moved to table the expenses for Mr. Prince until the lease agreement is finalized. Mr. Sharps seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0. Furthermore, the board insisted it be communicated to legal counsel that this matter be resolved hastily.
- Resolution #15-2021 for a transfer of intra-fund appropriations was presented to the board. Mr. Wolf moved to approve Resolution #15-2021. Mr. Sharps seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.
- 2021 projections and 2022 budget scenarios were presented to the board for discussion in relation to Union Township’s fire/EMS levy that is on the November 2021 ballot.
- Mr. Weekly asked for an update on the UTV. Chief Mason shared that it has been ordered and is expected to be ready in the next couple weeks. Mr. Weekly shared that Union Township has approved funding for flooring for Station 352. Union Township has also purchased a temporary sign for Station 352.
The next regular meeting will be Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 7:00 P.M.
Mr. Wolf moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:53 P.M., and Mr. Moore seconded the motion. Motion passed 4-0.